Prof. Dr. Artur Andrzejak
Institute of Computer Science
Overview of the group
Welcome at the web pages of the Parallel and Distributed Systems research group (Arbeitsgruppe Parallele und Verteilte Systeme - PVS) at Institute of Computer Science of Heidelberg University. Our research targets complex and distributed software, in particular data analysis systems. We primarily focus on the following domains:
Artificial Intelligence for Programming
- Code recommendations via deep learning
- Program synthesis for data analysis
- Code-to-code translation via learning approaches.
Efficient data processing and analysis
- Domain Specific Languages and low-code approaches for data science
- Algorithms and tools for scalable data wrangling/data processing
- Cloud-based resource provisioning.
- Testing of large-scale software, in particular of data analysis systems
- Detection and isolation of latent and security-critical software defects (esp. software aging)
- Diagnosis of configuration errors in complex software systems
- Performance optimization of data-centric applications.
In our research we combine techniques from AI/machine learning, software engineering, and computer systems research.